Monday, July 24, 2023

Box Box Box!

OK so maybe I have been watching a bit too much of Drive to Survive on Netflix and that is where the inspiration for this post's title came from!

Picking things up from my hinge saga in the embarrassingly long time ago last post, I did eventually locate my old Bosch router and was able to use it with a couple hinge templates to route out for the hinges.

I am not a fan at all of routers, and my skepticism was amply rewarded in this case as the templates shifted minutely as I clamped them and I wound up with a pretty sh*t job that required a lot of fiddling to make fit. I had a hunch it was going to be a fiasco, so it sat on my workbench for a couple months until I gathered the courage to do it. I should have used chisels.

This is the first project in a very long while that I have done with veneers. I enjoyed it quite a bit and hope to use them more in the future.

The box was completed and in fact I gave it as a Christmas 2022 gift to my daughter. 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment