25 minutes ago
Sunday, April 7, 2013
Work continued apace on the installation of the 6" dust collection system for the basement shop. Despite being out of commission for the better part of a week due to a trip to Seattle followed by a cold bug, I managed to get the main lines run to all the machines. I used 6" PVC. Only my jointer has a 6" dust port on it, unfortunately the rest of the machines will require some kind of custom dust hoods/ports on them. I did fire it up and run a test board through the jointer, it worked really well!
Also managed to do a bit more milling a couple weeks ago. I have milled up most of hte bigger logs that were available and am now down to kind of dreggy stuff.
Two More Cherry Logs
Some Crappy Cherry
This time of year there can be some pretty nice scenery in the milling area!