Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wood, wood everywhere, and not a . . .

I dropped by the woodlot at the beach today. Not sure why I even bothered, just to torture myself I guess. Since the wood pickings were a bit slim this past winter, of course now that it is summer and the beach is closed to chainsawing, there is a fantastic selection of wood to be had.



It appears that some eager beaver(s) who got there before me marked all the biggest and clearest pieces of Port Orford (D2, D8) cedar and Monterey (D1, D3, D4) cypress. There was also some deodar cedar (X). The Port Orford pieces were at least 2 feet in diameter.


1 comment:

  1. The best I can do to match that pic here in San Diego is show a few palm trees and tumble weed. I would love to have that selection to choose from at the local beach!
    Cheers Dan
    Kylle

    ReplyDelete