Sunday, January 25, 2015

Lamp Going Together

It is strange how you spend forever cutting and sizing and fitting pieces, then all of a sudden in one day it looks like you have taken a huge step, when really it is just the culmination of everything you have done up to that point.

I finally got all four sets of slats finished and fitted together.

Then with only a couple hours more work fitting and fussing, I got them assembled into the lamp for a test fit. I was very happy to get everything together to this point!
Then I continued to work like a demon on the cap ring's four pieces, getting them sized and several mortices roughed out. Next up will be to clean out the mortices and do up the corresponding tenons.

I feel like this is one of the most productive days I have ever had on this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment