Saturday, March 14, 2015

Soooo Close to Done

I had hoped to have the lamp finished by the end of last week, Now I hope to have it done over the weekend. I guess that is why I am the slow woodworker!

Had a small setback with the light stand. It fell off my tablesaw and cracked. Luckily it is not a visible part so I glued it carefully back together and re-tweaked the fit so the two pieces slide together smoothly.

And voilà, here it is back together and temporarily assembled into the base.

I put together a 'final' list of everything needing to be done, and went though it item by item. Here I am crossing off the last to-do, easing the edges of all the lattice pieces. That was a truly tedious activity.

So now it is all apart again and I have a couple coats of shellac on each piece. Maybe another couple coats today, followed by some wax, then it'll be time to do the assembly!





No comments:

Post a Comment